Saturday, March 14, 2015

Miss You Grand Ma!

Grand Mother! The mother of our mother! If mother is sea of love then grandmother is ocean of love. If mother is your first teacher, it’s the grandmother who becomes your first friend. If your mother is your guardian then your grandmother is an angel.


I have never seen my grandfather i.e. my father’s father and lived with my dadi for only short period of time. I have extreme affection with my maternal grandparents (I call them nana-nani) because my whole childhood was spent with them. When I was 18 months old my grandmother brought me to her home. My mother was too young to take care of me and three other siblings. Since then I was taken care of by my grandparents. 

     
My nani, a beautiful elderly women will always be an adorning part of my life. She is my inspiration. She kept me in her arms when she needed a hug with deep warmth. She nailed my fingers to make me walk while her feet were floundering.  She used to cook delicious dishes for me at the time when she needed to be served. She helped me to finish my homework even when her spectacles were not there. She used to cover my note books with her trembling hands.  She put different varieties of meal in my lunch box every day. She always took me to school and came to receive me after it. I still remember her stories of “Monkeys and Crocodile”, Thirsty Crow”, “Greedy dog” her poems “gol gol pani, mummy meri rani”, “machali jal ki rani hai” etc.


I have often heard that only good people are taken away by the God. And one among them was my grandmother. She was gone too early for me to give her everything she deserved. I could do nothing for her when she needed extreme care, love and compassion. But I know her selfless love is always with me no matter what I have done for her. She had taught me many things like discipline, care, selfless love, tolerance, hard work, perseverance, and trust in almighty god, a good sense of humor and a beautiful smile that relieves all pains.


I always search in the sky that which of the star belongs to her. Probably it is that which shines the most as she was none other than an angel in my life. Indeed earth has lost a great person and heaven has got a divine soul. I pray to god, “please take care of my grandma”  


Oh god, why you took her away from me!

Why do you feel that I don’t need her?

Was I giving her so much pain?

Was I hoping so much from her?

By the way it’s your greedy choice.

Don’t you have so many angels with you?

Why don’t you know I need her!

I need her forever and ever!

To have a smile of hope and love,

To give her the heaven of blossoms here!

Please let her sleep with entire calm,

Please give her extreme love and warmth,

Please rest her soul with at most peace,

And let her bless me from stars of galaxies.



I have written this post for https://housing.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment